I am sitting on the left bank of Morava river and taking advantage of 3G network. Things have changed for the past 25 years. Nobody would ever think of using phone for posting on some internet. And now nobody would think of shooting people for swimming across this narrow piece of river. I am sitting on place where many died in their attempt to leave the communism country. It is so strange to see how close the other bank is and how far it really was for people before 1989. I can not imagine the feelings of our parents standing here in those times. I am glad that I live in Europe without physical borders. The world needs to wake up. I am really hoping for more freedom for other nations suffering from dictatorship regimes and useless conflicts.
Crossing the river which I see in front of me looks so easy and straightforward.
If we live in free world or we consider this river a natural obstacle, we would jump to water and swim on the other side in 2 minutes. If we live in screwed society and regimes built on power, this easy swim is eighter certain death, prison or torture or a short swim becomes a huge life changing event bringing new opportunities and freedom in all aspects. This is how it was. Horrible thing is, that the customs officers shooting people for their dream to live in free democracy are still somewhere in Slovakia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment