Saturday, October 16, 2010
1st BC Bear Encounter
It was exactly 1 year since I ve seen my last bear in Alaska. During the day summer in Slovakia I often went out to mountains for watching the wildlife. We saw mountain goats, deers, foxes, marmots and other animals but not a single bear. When we arrived to Canada, I didn t expect to see the bear before the spring. We had a luck to meet huge black bear just over the North Vancouver in Grouse Mountain area. The moment was full of respect but at the same time very beautiful. Black bear standing in distance just 30m. We looked at each other. The moment was so powerful and I wish I had this opportunity more times,with the same calm individuals as this one was. After me and Zuzka turned the way we came from and let the big black friend to do his favourite business - eating before the long, cold Canadian winter.
Labels:
British Columbia,
Nature
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment